Here are some steps you can use to find your property.
Step #1 – Get Prepared
- Your requirements – know what you want
- Picture and have a description of your dream home
- Be ready for the reference check, it will help you secure the place you will love. For LBS students, paying 6 months in advance is an alternative to provide proof of work and/or guarantees
Step #2 – Search for the right property
- Identify the properties that match your requirements – using for example the free property search concierge services from SearchSmartly
- Shortlist properties to view and organize viewings
- View, rate, and choose the properties you want to make an offer with
Step #3 – Secure the place you fancy!
- Negotiate with the landlord or agent on what you can. Up to 20% off the listed rental price is possible
- Make an offer & complete the reference check
- Before signing any reservation and making a reservation payment, write down your requirements – this is an important step
- Complete & sign all required documentation and the lease agreement.
Step #4 – Organize and settle in
- Identify removal firms and cleaning services etc. and negotiate with all of them
- Organise parking if needed
- Do an inventory check
- Arrange and set up of your required utilities; gas, electric, Internet etc